December Garden Calendar
- As the temperatures begin to drop, there is some
concern about plants being damaged by the frost. For best protection, you can
apply Cloud Cover to give your plants an additional 3 - 5 degrees of hardiness
and/or you can cover your plants with frost cloths or frost bags. We have
various sizes available of the cloths and bags available. These materials can
be left on the plants without causing damage. For more information about how to
protect your plants, go to our Frost Protection
- Poinsettias are available beginning the first
week of December (sometimes the last week of November as well). Our growers
provide us with beautiful and healthy plants that will last well into the new
- Bareroot roses arrive in December, usually in the
2nd week. This is a great time to see the newest introductions and also select
from a wide range of roses that are not always available later in the year.
These make great gifts.
- Remember to fertilize your fruit trees again with
Master Bloom and F.S.T.
- Bareroot fruit trees usually arrive around the
3rd week of December. A great time to add another fruit bearing tree to the
- Gift ideas: Gift Certificates, felco pruners,
garden gloves, bonsai scissors, garden knee pads, bareroot roses, and other
great garden tools found at the nursery. Check out our page of possible gifts here. Gift Ideas
- Remember we are closed always from the 25th of
December through the 1st of January.